Duration: 1 hour
The EuroCham Garment & Manufacturing Committee had a meeting on 4th September to discussed significant Garment & Manufacturing-related topics and the 2023 White Book, before its official launch, in the upcoming “ASEAN-Cambodia Business Summit”, on Thursday, 28th & 29th September 2023. The following topics were discussed:
The committee’s members addressed minimum wage talks, in which Mr. Narath CHHEAV represents EuroCham, and they voiced their perspectives on a potential raise of the minimum wage.
The Members offer feedback on the 2023 White Book Garment Chapter, which contains 5 recommendations. The Live Advocacy Compass, which will be introduced on September 28 and 29, 2023, has been presented by the advocacy department and includes the following:
– Introduce Tax Incentives for Factories to Recycle Garment Waste.
– Introduce Progressive Private Solar Rooftop Policy for Factories.
– Prevent Sexual Harassment in the Workplace.
– Establish a Licensing Regime for Collective Transport Vehicles and Drivers in Cambodia.
– Enhance Data Transparency.
The update on CSR Week, which is a unique opportunity to honor individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to social and environmental sustainability in which we have the CSR Managers’ Forum, CSR Cross-Sectoral Awards Night and CSR Garment Awards Gala Dinner